It’s never too early to start saving money.
WCCU believes that it is important to instill money saving habits at a young age. Our Youth Savings Accounts are designed to do just that. To serve the needs of all ages, our Youth Club Account is designed for children up to 12 years. Our Student Club Account is a special account for our members of age 13-17. Both accounts require only a $5 minimum.
Youth Club Account!
12 and under
- Receive a piggy bank when opening a new account
- Receive 1 Monkey Buck per deposit (one per day)
WCCU will have activities for the Youth Club to receive bonus Monkey Bucks. These activities include coloring and drawing contests, holiday events and much more!
Be sure to look out for Bonus Bucks!
- 5 Monkey Bucks – member can pick a cash prize from the treasure chest!
*One Monkey Buck per deposit ($5 or more) per member, only one Monkey Buck per day. Member must collect and redeem Monkey Bucks. WCCU will keep no records of Monkey Bucks earned and accumulated by members. WCCU will not replace any lost or stolen Monkey Bucks. Monkey Bucks are for members ages 0-12 with a Youth Club Account. Account must be active and in good standing to receive Monkey Bucks.
Student Club Account!
- Open an eChecking account that can be joint with parent
- Make purchases using a WCCU Debit Card
- Access to HomeLink – our online banking system
- Access to our Mobile banking app
This account applies to members age 13-17, and we still have rewards!
- After each deposit, an entry card is available for your chance to win one of two $25 cash prizes in our quarterly drawing.
- Student Club member’s name will be entered in the quarterly drawing if member completes CHECKRIGHT a service of GreenPath. This program guides the student through check writing (a lost art) and reconciling the account as well as creating a spending plan. Just email the results to email@example.com to get added to the drawing.
- WCCU will have other activities throughout the year that the Student Club member can participate in to receive extra prizes.
What do you need to open a Youth Savings Account?
In order to make the account opening process go more smoothly, please ensure you have the following when you come in to open your account:
- Government-issued identification (State ID, U.S. Passport, Birth Certificate)
- Social Security number
Please note: All Youth Savings Accounts must be opened by an adult over age 18.